The National Taxpayer Advocate of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service is convening the Inaugural International Conference on Taxpayer Rights in Washington, D.C. This ground breaking conference will explore how taxpayer rights globally serve as the foundation for effective tax administration.
Government officials, scholars, and practitioners from many countries will discuss issues such as:
- Rights to confidentiality and privacy in an age of transparency;
- Right to appeal to an independent forum: the role of tax tribunals in protecting taxpayer rights;
- Taxpayer rights and procedural justice in audit and collection activities;
- Impact of taxpayer service on compliance;
- Role of taxpayer advocates, defenders, and ombuds in protecting taxpayer rights and promoting voluntary compliance; and
- Challenges in “operationalizing” taxpayer rights in both mature and developing tax administrations.
For more information: